- The limit for an individual to file a small claims form is $10,000, and the limit for a corporation to file is $1,500.
- The fee is $97.00 for the first defendant and $10.00 for each additional defendant. There is a $28.00 fee assessed for sheriff services (if requested) on any Perry County serve and return.
- If a corporation is filing a small claims and someone other than the president of the company will be speaking on behalf of the company, a Certificate of Designation must be on file for that person.
- The claim must be filed in the county where the Plaintiff or Defendant lives, or the county where employed, or the county where the transaction took place.
- In order to serve the defendant, a physical address must be provided. Without service, no judgment will be awarded.
- To file a claim, complete both the Notice of Claim and Affidavit of Debt forms
- To file an eviction notice, complete the Eviction Notice Form.
- To dismiss a claim that doesn't have a court judgment, complete the Motion to Dismiss a Small Claims Case form.
- To release a court ordered judgement after payment in full, complete the Release of Judgement form.