Perry County Health Specialist/Sanitarian
125 S. 8th Street
Cannelton, IN 47520
Phone: 812/547-2746 X 1
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Conducts investigations of environmental complaints and
enforces public health and environmental laws.
- Performs site evaluations and consultations for on-site sewage
disposal and other sanitary features.
- Issues septic permits and food permits for the County.
- Oversees all improvements or repairs to septic systems.
- Tests water supplies, private and public.
- Reviews plans for new and remodeled facilities concerning
septic sewage disposal.
- Provides education to the public regareding health and
sanitation, and promotes improvements in private and public
- Responds to environmental and sanitation problems created by
man-made and natural disasters.
- Responds to environmental complaints.