Requirements for obtaining a marriage license in Perry
- If both applicants reside in the state of Indiana and at least
one of the applicants resides in Perry County, then a marriage
license may be obtained in Perry County, and the marriage may take
place in Perry County or anywhere within the state of
- If one of the applicants resides in Perry County and the other
resides out of state, then they may obtain a license in Perry
County as long as they plan on getting married in Perry County or
anywhere within the state of Indiana.
- If both applicants are from out of state but plan to get
married in Perry County, then they must obtain a license in Perry
- Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age. If not, one
or both applicants must be 17 and parents or legal guardians are
present to provide consent. One or both applicants younger than 17
must have a court order granting permission to obtain a marriage
- Both applicants must show a valid driver's license or original
- Any applicant that was previously married must bring in the
date of divorce decree from the last divorce. If widowed, applicant
must know date of death.
- Applicants will be asked their parents' full names, including
maiden names of their mothers.
- Both applicants will be asked the states where they were born
and the states where their parents were born.
- Both applicants will be asked the addresses of any living
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days.
- There is no waiting period.
- Each application takes approximately 30 minutes to
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through
Applications will not be processed after 3:30 p.m.
- The cost of the license is $18.00 if at least one person lives
in the state of Indiana. If both people live outside of Indiana,
the cost of the license is $60.00.